POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : CPU usage while parsing? Server Time
19 Apr 2024 12:14:12 EDT (-0400)
  CPU usage while parsing? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: CPU usage while parsing?
Date: 22 Oct 2016 21:30:39
Message: <580c12bf@news.povray.org>
Is the parsing phase of a render making use of multithreading in any
way? The process is using 50% CPU, which addds up to 2 out of 4 cores.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Subject: Re: CPU usage while parsing?
Date: 23 Oct 2016 01:17:28
Message: <580c47e8$1@news.povray.org>
Am 23.10.2016 um 03:30 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> Is the parsing phase of a render making use of multithreading in any
> way? The process is using 50% CPU, which addds up to 2 out of 4 cores.

No, it doesn't.

To figure out why your system might be reporting 50% CPU usage, we'd
certainly need to know more about your system.