POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Preview settings ignored Server Time
25 Apr 2024 07:14:26 EDT (-0400)
  Preview settings ignored (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Preview settings ignored
Date: 15 Sep 2016 18:44:28
Message: <57db244c$1@news.povray.org>
I'm not sure what's going on, but I set these lines in the INI file:

	Preview_Start_Size=32
	Preview_End_Size=16

but it starts rendering blocks of 82x82 pixels, then 41x41 pixels, then
~20x20 pixels (it varies by zero or one pixel in either direction), then
~10x10 pixels (again it varies betwen 9 and 11).

Afterward, it started over at 32x32 pixels, and then 16x16 pixels.

Why does it need to do so many passes when I only specified two?

Mike

Post a reply to this message

Am 16.09.2016 um 00:44 schrieb Mike Horvath:
> I'm not sure what's going on, but I set these lines in the INI file:
>
>     Preview_Start_Size=32
>     Preview_End_Size=16
>
> but it starts rendering blocks of 82x82 pixels, then 41x41 pixels, then
> ~20x20 pixels (it varies by zero or one pixel in either direction), then
> ~10x10 pixels (again it varies betwen 9 and 11).
>
> Afterward, it started over at 32x32 pixels, and then 16x16 pixels.
>
> Why does it need to do so many passes when I only specified two?

Are you perhaps using radiosity?

That feature needs to do a few passes with increasing resolution before
the actual main render. Looks like mosaic preview but isn't.

Post a reply to this message

> Am 16.09.2016 um 00:44 schrieb Mike Horvath:
>> I'm not sure what's going on, but I set these lines in the INI file:
>>
>>      Preview_Start_Size=32
>>      Preview_End_Size=16
>>
>> but it starts rendering blocks of 82x82 pixels, then 41x41 pixels, then
>> ~20x20 pixels (it varies by zero or one pixel in either direction), then
>> ~10x10 pixels (again it varies betwen 9 and 11).
>>
>> Afterward, it started over at 32x32 pixels, and then 16x16 pixels.
>>
>> Why does it need to do so many passes when I only specified two?
>
> Are you perhaps using radiosity?
>
> That feature needs to do a few passes with increasing resolution before
> the actual main render. Looks like mosaic preview but isn't.

That's what it was. Sorry.

Mike