POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Weird error Server Time
28 Mar 2024 19:28:41 EDT (-0400)
  Weird error (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Weird error
Date: 15 Feb 2016 01:41:53
Message: <56c17331$1@news.povray.org>
I am trying to render this scene:

http://news.povray.org/povray.binaries.scene-files/thread/%3Cweb.449423ac72d4de73273c6a720@news.povray.org%3E/?ttop=403291&toff=300

But am getting a weird error, "Cannot create render state output file."

What does it mean? And how do I fix the scene?

Mike

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Re: Weird error
Date: 15 Feb 2016 02:55:07
Message: <56c1845b$1@news.povray.org>
On 15-2-2016 7:42, Mike Horvath wrote:
> But am getting a weird error, "Cannot create render state output file."
>
> What does it mean? And how do I fix the scene?

It works for me, out of the box.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 15 Feb 2016 04:07:16
Message: <56c19544$1@news.povray.org>
Am 15.02.2016 um 07:42 schrieb Mike Horvath:

> But am getting a weird error, "Cannot create render state output file."
>
> What does it mean? And how do I fix the scene?

The render state output file is the file created by POV-Ray to enable
render abort-continue.

Sounds like POV-Ray does not have write permission to the output
directory, or the resulting file name would exceed limits imposed by the
operating system, or the disk is full, or some such.

In any case it is most certainly unrelated to any specifics of the scene
file.

Post a reply to this message

> Am 15.02.2016 um 07:42 schrieb Mike Horvath:
>
>> But am getting a weird error, "Cannot create render state output file."
>>
>> What does it mean? And how do I fix the scene?
>
> The render state output file is the file created by POV-Ray to enable
> render abort-continue.
>
> Sounds like POV-Ray does not have write permission to the output
> directory, or the resulting file name would exceed limits imposed by the
> operating system, or the disk is full, or some such.
>
> In any case it is most certainly unrelated to any specifics of the scene
> file.

Doh! I'm an idiot. I forgot that I started using a different INI file
that hadn't been updated for my new PC. So all the file paths are incorrect.

Mike