POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Cave mouth entrance Server Time
23 Apr 2024 13:10:44 EDT (-0400)
  Cave mouth entrance (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Cave mouth entrance
Date: 12 Feb 2016 23:09:58
Message: <56beac96$1@news.povray.org>
I want to create something like the first row of pictures here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=povray+cave&espv=2&biw=1838&bih=995&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjk6-TN7fPKAhVW22MKHTxUCdgQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=cave+entrance+model

It can be an entirely natural formation and not man-made.

What would be a good way to go about doing it?

Mike

Post a reply to this message

On 2/12/2016 11:10 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> I want to create something like the first row of pictures here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=povray+cave&espv=2&biw=1838&bih=995&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjk6-TN7fPKAhVW22MKHTxUCdgQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=cave+entrance+model

> It can be an entirely natural formation and not man-made.
>
> What would be a good way to go about doing it?

I did a tunnel with a heightfield and a bore difference.

Post a reply to this message