POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Brighten dark shadows in radiosity scene Server Time
29 Apr 2024 14:30:45 EDT (-0400)
  Brighten dark shadows in radiosity scene (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Brighten dark shadows in radiosity scene
Date: 7 Sep 2015 05:01:47
Message: <55ed527b$1@news.povray.org>
I'm rendering an outdoor scene with radiosity. However the shadows are
very dark. Is there a way to lighten them without turning ambient finish
back on?

Mike

	global_settings
	{
		assumed_gamma	1.0
		adc_bailout		0.005
		max_trace_level	32
		ambient_light	0
		radiosity
		{
			pretrace_start	0.08
			pretrace_end	0.01
			count			50
			error_bound		0.1
			recursion_limit	1
			normal			on
			brightness		0.8
			always_sample	yes
			gray_threshold	0.8
			media			on
		}
	}

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Re: Brighten dark shadows in radiosity scene
Date: 7 Sep 2015 05:27:52
Message: <55ed5898@news.povray.org>
Never mind. Problem was that I had no skysphere or background.

Michael

Post a reply to this message