POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Stupid math question Server Time
29 Apr 2024 14:28:53 EDT (-0400)
  Stupid math question (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Stupid math question
Date: 14 Feb 2015 22:25:02
Message: <54e0118e$1@news.povray.org>
If a parabola reflects parallel lines into its focus, what does a
catenary do? What about non-parallel lines?

Post a reply to this message

From: Mike Horvath
Subject: Re: Stupid math question
Date: 14 Feb 2015 23:13:41
Message: <54e01cf5$1@news.povray.org>
On 2/14/2015 10:25 PM, Mike Horvath wrote:
> If a parabola reflects parallel lines into its focus, what does a
> catenary do? What about non-parallel lines?

I posted a question on Stack Exchange too if you want to look at it.
There is a diagram to look at.

http://math.stackexchange.com/questions/1148679/ray-curve-mirror-problem

Post a reply to this message