POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : width of a ttf object Server Time
13 May 2024 20:32:21 EDT (-0400)
  width of a ttf object (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Anton Sherwood
Subject: width of a ttf object
Date: 22 Jan 2014 18:43:52
Message: <52e057b8$1@news.povray.org>
I have a scene concept involving centred text, and I want to try it with
many different fonts (using a Python program to write the .pov files).
Is there a way to center text without measuring its width by eye, every
time?  Perhaps a function that returns the dimensions of a bounding box?

--
*\\* Anton Sherwood *\\* www.bendwavy.org

Post a reply to this message

Am 23.01.2014 00:43, schrieb Anton Sherwood:
> I have a scene concept involving centred text, and I want to try it with
> many different fonts (using a Python program to write the .pov files).
> Is there a way to center text without measuring its width by eye, every
> time?  Perhaps a function that returns the dimensions of a bounding box?

Not exactly, but the functions min_extent(MyObj) and max_extent(MyObj)
do indeed return the "lowest" and "highest" corner, respectively, of the
bounding box, so the following line should do the job:

#local Width = (max_extent(MyTextObj)-min_extent(MyTextObj)).x;

Post a reply to this message