POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Black whole warp with a twist? Server Time
16 May 2024 13:32:39 EDT (-0400)
  Black whole warp with a twist? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: posfan12
Subject: Black whole warp with a twist?
Date: 14 Oct 2013 06:28:14
Message: <525bc73e$1@news.povray.org>
Is there a way to add a bit of a twist to the black hole warp? I.e. a
bit of a spiral like a real black hole?

Mike
--
http://isometricland.net

Post a reply to this message

From: Alain
Subject: Re: Black whole warp with a twist?
Date: 15 Oct 2013 19:27:46
Message: <525dcf72@news.povray.org>
Le 13-10-14 06:27, posfan12 a écrit :
> Is there a way to add a bit of a twist to the black hole warp? I.e. a
> bit of a spiral like a real black hole?
>

> Mike

No
At least, not that I know of.

Post a reply to this message

From: clipka
Date: 9 Nov 2013 11:37:34
Message: <527e64ce@news.povray.org>
Am 16.10.2013 01:27, schrieb Alain:
> Le 13-10-14 06:27, posfan12 a écrit :
>> Is there a way to add a bit of a twist to the black hole warp? I.e. a
>> bit of a spiral like a real black hole?
>>

>> Mike
>
> No
> At least, not that I know of.

Interesting suggestion though.

It would probably be more flexible to implement such a feature as a
separate warp type, to be applied in addition to the black hole warp.

I guess I'll keep it somewhere in the back of my head, but you might
also want to file a feature request on the official POV-Ray issue
tracker at http://bugs.povray.org (yes, despite the name it's also
intended for tracking feature requests ;-))