POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : A bunch of feature requests! Server Time
25 Apr 2024 09:58:40 EDT (-0400)
  A bunch of feature requests! (Message 1 to 10 of 69)
From: SharkD
Subject: A bunch of feature requests!
Date: 19 Jun 2010 19:29:09
Message: <4c1d52c5$1@news.povray.org>
If you search for tasks by SharkD at the bug tracker you'll see a bunch
of feature request I've made.

http://bugs.povray.org/

Here's a list if you don't want to do the search:

Master scene unit system variable
Set and get font metrics
Add "POV-Ray" metatags to images
Table of Contents in each page of the docs
More library paths, wildcards
Option to render pixels randomly, or in Nth pixel
#ELSEIF statement
variable number of parameters in macros
System variable to track whether a file has been included
Explicit #RETURN statement inside macros
Expandable arrays
Mixed-type arrays
Hash arrays
Ability to change the order of editor tabs by dragging them
Native support for mesh-based surface approximations
Subdivision support
INI option to overlay render information on output image
Right-click menu when clicking on editor tab
String concatenation operator
atand function
"Rename" option in File menu

I'd like to see some thoughts/comments on these requests.

--
http://isometricland.com

Post a reply to this message

"Delete" option in File menu - for deleting (and closing) the current file
"Reload" option in File menu - for reloading the current file from disk,
discarding any changes since the last save

--
http://isometricland.com

Post a reply to this message

> If you search for tasks by SharkD at the bug tracker you'll see a bunch
> of feature request I've made.
>
> Here's a list if you don't want to do the search:
>
> System variable to track whether a file has been included

Seconded.

> Expandable arrays

As in dynamic? Oh yeah, that would be nice.

> Native support for mesh-based surface approximations

Would it be like an isosurface object?

> Subdivision support

This is /soooo/ needed it's ridiculous.

> I'd like to see some thoughts/comments on these requests.

You left out camera pigment, projection pigment, explicit image filename
output for animations (for stuff like CA), last image buffer access... I
guess I should make a few requests of my own. If I could patch POV-Ray
myself, I would!

Post a reply to this message