POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Detecting .inc file inclusion from another file Server Time
26 Jun 2024 08:14:30 EDT (-0400)
  Detecting .inc file inclusion from another file (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: stbenge
Subject: Detecting .inc file inclusion from another file
Date: 19 Jun 2010 16:37:33
Message: <4c1d2a8d@news.povray.org>
Hi,

Is there a method for finding out if an .inc file was included from
another file, within the included file itself? For instance, if I wanted
to make an include file which doubles as both an include *and* a scene
file, I would not want the camera, lights, etc. to be included along
with it.

Sam

Post a reply to this message

> Is there a method for finding out if an .inc file was included from
> another file, within the included file itself?

None that I know of - unless you know which file(s) it might be included
by, and setting a certain variable there before including. E.g.:

//---------------------------
// my_scene.pov
//---------------------------
#declare MY_INCLUDE_FLAG = 1;
#incude "my_include_file.inc"

//---------------------------
// my_include_file.inc
//---------------------------
#ifndef (MY_INCLUDE_FLAG)
   // set camera etc.
#end

> Is there a method for finding out if an .inc file was included from
> another file, within the included file itself? For instance, if I wanted
> to make an include file which doubles as both an include *and* a scene
> file, I would not want the camera, lights, etc. to be included along
> with it.
>
> Sam

Yeah, I requested this feature not too long ago. Would be nice.

--
http://isometricland.com

Post a reply to this message

>> Is there a method for finding out if an .inc file was included from
>> another file, within the included file itself?
>
> None that I know of - unless you know which file(s) it might be included
> by, and setting a certain variable there before including. E.g.:
>
> //---------------------------
> // my_scene.pov
> #declare MY_INCLUDE_FLAG = 1;
> #incude "my_include_file.inc"