POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Inverse of matrix? Server Time
29 Jun 2024 02:05:20 EDT (-0400)
From: SharkD
Subject: Inverse of matrix?
Date: 14 Nov 2009 23:27:52

From: SharkD
Subject: Re: Inverse of matrix?
Date: 15 Nov 2009 02:45:44
On 11/14/2009 11:27 PM, SharkD wrote:

> CamR.x, CamR.y, CamR.z,
> CamU.x, CamU.y, CamU.z,
> CamD.x, CamD.y, CamD.z,
> CamL.x, CamL.y, CamL.z
>  >

> What is the inverse?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mike

Nevermind. I found some code to do it here:

http://www.euclideanspace.com/maths/algebra/matrix/functions/inverse/index.htm

Do I need to flip the POV-Ray matrix first? In POV-Ray, translation
occurs in the last *row*, whereas in the page I linked to translation
occurs in the last *column*.

Mike

Post a reply to this message

> Nevermind. I found some code to do it here:
>
> http://www.euclideanspace.com/maths/algebra/matrix/functions/inverse/index.htm
>

> Do I need to flip the POV-Ray matrix first? In POV-Ray, translation
> occurs in the last *row*, whereas in the page I linked to translation
> occurs in the last *column*.
>
> Mike

Also, when applying the matrix to a vector instead of an object (i.e.
using an array), do I multiply by a 1x3 matrix? Is this matrix vertical
or horizontal?

Mike

Post a reply to this message