POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : bounding turbulence Server Time
1 Jul 2024 01:02:45 EDT (-0400)
  bounding turbulence (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Leroy Whetstone
Subject: Re: bounding turbulence
Date: 31 Jan 2010 22:48:02
Message: <4B664EA6.6090508@joplin.com>
Thank all for you input.
  Aline and Slime formulas where a good starting points.

The formula I came up with is
  Scale=1/(1+Turbulence*.5+sqrt(3)*Turbulence*Omega*Octaves/10)
Where
  0<= Turbulence  <=1
  0<= Octaves <=10
  0<= Omega  <=1

As Slime pointed out lambda has little effect on Scale.
Note that if Turbulence=0 there is no turbulence
and if Omega=0 Octaves has no effect but Turbulence>0 does.
If Octaves=<2 Omega has no effect but Turbulence>0 does.

Tanks again!
Have Fun!

Post a reply to this message