POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : macro question Server Time
5 Jul 2024 16:29:59 EDT (-0400)
  macro question (Message 11 to 13 of 13)
From: Jim Charter
Subject: Re: macro question
Date: 27 Mar 2008 20:40:46
Message: <47ec4c9e$1@news.povray.org>
Warp wrote:
> Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
>
>>Warp wrote:

>>>  That sounds like a bad idea.
>>>

>>Well I'm certainly open to suggestions.
>

>   Maybe you didn't get my reference. Let me rephrase:
>
> Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
>
>>If I cut and paste the macros
>

>   That sounds like a bad idea.
>
>   ;)

The only other option I can think of is to call my include with its
macros from within the Colefax include, probably slightly less subject
to errors, but not much cleaner in any other regard.

Post a reply to this message

From: Arttu Voutilainen
Date: 28 Mar 2008 10:04:40
Message: <47ed0908@news.povray.org>
Jim Charter wrote:
> Warp wrote:
>> Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:

>>> Well I'm certainly open to suggestions.
>>

>>   Maybe you didn't get my reference. Let me rephrase:
>>
>> Jim Charter <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote:
>>
>>> If I cut and paste the macros
>>

>>   That sounds like a bad idea.
>>
>>   ;)
>>
> The only other option I can think of is to call my include with its
> macros from within the Colefax include, probably slightly less subject
> to errors, but not much cleaner in any other regard.

You still didn't get it. Warp doesn't like "cut & paste", he thinks it
should be "copy & paste"...

-- Arttu Voutilainen

Post a reply to this message

From: Warp
Date: 28 Mar 2008 10:28:59
Message: <47ed0ebb@news.povray.org>
Arttu Voutilainen <bli### [at] removethiszbxtnetinvalid> wrote:
> You still didn't get it. Warp doesn't like "cut & paste", he thinks it
> should be "copy & paste"...

  No, "cut & paste" is ok, *if you are realling cutting*, not copying.
That is, you press ctrl-x. or whatever the shortcut is for "cut".

  However, more often than not, doing that is a bad idea.

--
                                                          - Warp