POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : variables in sdl Server Time
3 Jul 2024 05:40:40 EDT (-0400)
  variables in sdl (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: [GDS|Entropy]
Subject: variables in sdl
Date: 23 Jan 2008 01:18:35
Message: <4796dc3b$1@news.povray.org>
Hello,

Is there some sort of way, other than to use a switch statement, to do this:
[ignore the loop, its the variable I am interested in]

 #local var0 = foo;
 #local var1 = foo;
 #local var2 = foo;

while J<2{
 while Jx<num{
  #local Positions[J][Jx] = <0,var+J,0>; // so that it would be processed as
var0 etc..
 }
}

Normally one could accomplish this quite easily in any other language...and
I am guessing this is possible in sdl as well...

Thanks,
ian

Post a reply to this message