POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Light-groups and hollow objects Server Time
8 Jul 2024 19:30:07 EDT (-0400)
  Light-groups and hollow objects (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Doctor John
Subject: Light-groups and hollow objects
Date: 18 Oct 2006 07:01:28
Message: <45360988$1@news.povray.org>
I have a scene with several large spheres each of which is hollow and a
camera inside the spheres. Ground fog works normally - no problem.

As soon as I place two of the spheres into a light_group I get the camera
inside non-hollow object warning and, of course, my ground fog disappears.
Gah!!

You can't use hollow as a modifier in a light_group so is there a
work-around that might help me get my ground fog back?

John

--
"Please refrain from fondling the nymphs and sprites
- it makes them giggly and skittish.

Post a reply to this message

> I have a scene with several large spheres each of which is hollow and a
> camera inside the spheres. Ground fog works normally - no problem.
>
> As soon as I place two of the spheres into a light_group I get the camera
> inside non-hollow object warning and, of course, my ground fog disappears.
> Gah!!
>
> You can't use hollow as a modifier in a light_group so is there a
> work-around that might help me get my ground fog back?
>
> John
>
> --
> "Please refrain from fondling the nymphs and sprites
> - it makes them giggly and skittish.
> Thank you for your co-operation.
> The Management"

Post a reply to this message