POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Fibonacci Server Time
6 Oct 2024 13:53:30 EDT (-0400)
  Fibonacci (Message 11 to 14 of 14)
From: Orchid XP v3
Subject: Re: Fibonacci
Date: 6 Sep 2006 16:03:39
Message: <44ff299b$1@news.povray.org>
>> I can't actually think of a *use* for Fibonacci numbers, come to think
>> of it.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fibonacci_number#Applications
>
>   One thing where I know it is also used is in predicting currency
> market fluctuations.

Their appearence in Pascal's triangle might make them useful,
possibly... The rest looks mainly like theoretical uses.

I know the *ratio* of consecutive numbers approaches the golden mean -
but there are much easier ways to compute that.

Post a reply to this message

> I know the *ratio* of consecutive numbers approaches the golden mean -
> but there are much easier ways to compute that.

You don't need to compute that, it's (1+sqrt(5))/2 ;-)

Regards Roman

Post a reply to this message