POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : textures, uv_mapping, and global normals : textures, uv_mapping, and global normals Server Time: 24 Oct 2020 04:09:23 GMT
  textures, uv_mapping, and global normals
From: Bald Eagle
Date: 25 Aug 2020 23:30:00
I have a few related and inter-related questions.

Can I take a regular texture and layer a uv-mapped texture on top of it?
vice-versa?

Can I take uv_mapped objects and have a global normal be distributed across
them?   Right now I'm getting per-object normals as though each object had its
own origin - it seems the normal gets uv_mapped as well.

I'm automatically determining textures, so I can't just lump them all into a
union and layer a clear texture with a normal over it all... because I have
different normals I want to use.