POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Random tree position, without duplicates? : Random tree position, without duplicates? Server Time: 28 Sep 2020 21:50:47 GMT
  Random tree position, without duplicates?
From: SharkD
Date: 4 Jun 2010 19:45:56
Is there a good way to, for instance, place a number of trees randomly
without having them overlap?

Currently, I use an array to store the positions and compare each new
tree to all the previous ones. This is however very slow.

I could also create a multi-dimensional B-tree array that divides the
world into a grid, thereby reducing the number of items to look up. I
wonder if that would speed things.

--
http://isometricland.com