POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : bigPatch update : Re: bigPatch update Server Time
29 Mar 2024 00:50:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: bigPatch update
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 31 Mar 2003 23:04:30
Message: <Xns93503E1103368torolavkhotmailcom@204.213.191.226>
"Will W" <wil### [at] NOSPAMwizzardsnet> wrote in

> Tor wrote in message
> news:Xns### [at] 204213191226...
>> Will wrote in news:3e8783bc@news.povray.org:
>>
> <snip>
>> I have some ideas on how to define all the
>> control points. It's quite simple, but I'm
>> too tired to explain it right now.
>

> Looking forward to hearing from you about this!

I thought that

if on are to connect two cubic Bezier curves
smoothly, the "last" control point for the first
curve, the point connecting the curves and the
"first" control point in the last curve must lie
on a line (as written in the docs),

then in order to connect 4 bicubic Bezier
patches smoothly, all the 8 control points around
the point connecting the 4 patches should all lie
in same plane.

I'll post two images to povray.binaries.images
showing how to choose this plane and where to
place the control points.

Tor Olav