POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Another competition? : Re: Another competition? Server Time
3 Aug 2024 12:21:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Another competition?
From: Paul Bourke
Date: 2 May 2004 00:09:05
Message: <pdb_NOSPAM-91B16C.14090302052004@news.povray.org>
> Those were fun.  :D  I'de like more ... but I don't want
> you getting burned out by running them!

Actually it was only the scc3 that was time consuming, now that I
have the scripts set up things work moderately smoothly with the most
time consuming point being the final www page.

> >2. Special geometry. eg: Create a scene using only one high level primitive,
> >   but as many of them as you like, for example: a supershape.
> yeah, that could work (goes to read what a "supershape" is in  the docs)

See
   http://astronomy.swin.edu.au/~pbourke/surfaces/supershape3d/
These are an extension to superellipsoids. The idea would be that a macro
or two would be provided that implemented the supershape and no other
primitive would be allowed.

> >3. Create a 3D scene which when rendered from a particular position forms an
> >   image that tiles the plane.
> This last might be too easy to be a contest.  I believe there is
> an include file out there that will do it for you automatically.
> I think Chris colefax wrote it but I'm note sure off the top of
> my head.

I'd like a pointer to that if it does exist.

--
Paul Bourke
pdb_NOSPAMswin.edu.au