POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : I want do develop a povray modeler for povray based on Moray 3.5 Server Time
19 Mar 2024 01:05:20 EDT (-0400)
  I want do develop a povray modeler for povray based on Moray 3.5 (Message 1 to 10 of 29)
From: eric
Subject: I want do develop a povray modeler for povray based on Moray 3.5
Date: 31 May 2022 03:35:00
Message: <web.6295c4ddaeb80d548af0bb1fd061826@news.povray.org>
Hello, I am Eric Mille from France . By the past I was a Moray 3D user
since1999. I am programmer too. I would like to do a modeler for povray based on
Moray . Yet the project is called POVmax.
I want to use Code Typhon Studio 7.70 ( GLscenes components ) to do this . I
would like to know if it's possible to obtain a copy of Moray's project. I think
Moray is easyer to use than BLENDER.

waiting for your answer, best regards,

Eric.

Post a reply to this message

> Hello, I am Eric Mille from France . By the past I was a Moray 3D user
> since1999. I am programmer too. I would like to do a modeler for povray based on
> Moray . Yet the project is called POVmax.
> I want to use Code Typhon Studio 7.70 ( GLscenes components ) to do this . I
> would like to know if it's possible to obtain a copy of Moray's project. I think
> Moray is easyer to use than BLENDER.
>
> waiting for your answer, best regards,
>
> Eric.

Hi Eric ! Since your preamble states this seems to be a triggering factor for
your demand, Could you also be more specific about what is not working for you
with Blender POV-Ed (Moray like workspace that is triggered when you pick POV as
a renderer and save default file) so that we can improve it? I cruelly lack any
feedback (embarrassed smiley)... Thanks in advance and I'm also looking forwards
to other answers to your question.

Post a reply to this message

> > Hello, I am Eric Mille from France . By the past I was a Moray 3D user
> > since1999. I am programmer too. I would like to do a modeler for povray based on
> > Moray . Yet the project is called POVmax.
> > I want to use Code Typhon Studio 7.70 ( GLscenes components ) to do this . I
> > would like to know if it's possible to obtain a copy of Moray's project. I think
> > Moray is easyer to use than BLENDER.
> >
> > waiting for your answer, best regards,
> >
> > Eric.
>
> Hi Eric ! Since your preamble states this seems to be a triggering factor for
> your demand, Could you also be more specific about what is not working for you
> with Blender POV-Ed (Moray like workspace that is triggered when you pick POV as
> a renderer and save default file) so that we can improve it? I cruelly lack any
> feedback (embarrassed smiley)... Thanks in advance and I'm also looking forwards
> to other answers to your question.

"Could you also be more specific about what is not working for you
with Blender... "

I'll chime in here. Using Blender is like shooting a fly with a bazooka. It's
overly complex if one wishes to just do simple 3D work as we did in in Moray.
I've tried to use Blender as a substitute for Moray and I find that no matter
how much they improve it, the interface is far more complex for the task than it
needs to be.
Besides, the Moray code has been languishing for years. If someone wants to take
a shot at updating it, why not? I've considered asking for the base code myself
and rebuilding the program using the Qt libraries. Cheers.

Post a reply to this message

"The Traveler" <jho### [at] northrimnet> wrote:
> "Mr" <m******r******at_hotmail_dot_fr> wrote:
> > "eric" <evo### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > > Hello, I am Eric Mille from France . By the past I was a Moray 3D user
> > > since1999. I am programmer too. I would like to do a modeler for povray based on
> > > Moray . Yet the project is called POVmax.
> > > I want to use Code Typhon Studio 7.70 ( GLscenes components ) to do this . I
> > > would like to know if it's possible to obtain a copy of Moray's project. I think
> > > Moray is easyer to use than BLENDER.
> > >
> > > waiting for your answer, best regards,
> > >
> > > Eric.
> >
> > Hi Eric ! Since your preamble states this seems to be a triggering factor for
> > your demand, Could you also be more specific about what is not working for you
> > with Blender POV-Ed (Moray like workspace that is triggered when you pick POV as
> > a renderer and save default file) so that we can improve it? I cruelly lack any
> > feedback (embarrassed smiley)... Thanks in advance and I'm also looking forwards
> > to other answers to your question.
>
> "Could you also be more specific about what is not working for you
> with Blender... "
>
> I'll chime in here. Using Blender is like shooting a fly with a bazooka. It's
> overly complex if one wishes to just do simple 3D work as we did in in Moray.
> I've tried to use Blender as a substitute for Moray and I find that no matter
> how much they improve it, the interface is far more complex for the task than it
> needs to be.
> Besides, the Moray code has been languishing for years. If someone wants to take
> a shot at updating it, why not? I've considered asking for the base code myself
> and rebuilding the program using the Qt libraries. Cheers.

Wings3D is fine for lighter tasks with an awesome POV exporter too,
But sure Moray was awesome ! I just whish man power would gather up more,
instead of thinning out.

Post a reply to this message

> Hello, I am Eric Mille from France . By the past I was a Moray 3D user
> since1999. I am programmer too. I would like to do a modeler for povray based on
> Moray . Yet the project is called POVmax.
> I want to use Code Typhon Studio 7.70 ( GLscenes components ) to do this . I
> would like to know if it's possible to obtain a copy of Moray's project. I think
> Moray is easyer to use than BLENDER.

Hi Eric,

I will release the Moray source by the end of this month.

-- Chris

Post a reply to this message

> > Hello, I am Eric Mille from France . By the past I was a Moray 3D user
> > since1999. I am programmer too. I would like to do a modeler for povray based on
> > Moray . Yet the project is called POVmax.
> > I want to use Code Typhon Studio 7.70 ( GLscenes components ) to do this . I
> > would like to know if it's possible to obtain a copy of Moray's project. I think
> > Moray is easyer to use than BLENDER.
>
> Hi Eric,
>
> I will release the Moray source by the end of this month.
>
> -- Chris

It's a good news for moray and povray fans :)

Post a reply to this message

> > Hello, I am Eric Mille from France . By the past I was a Moray 3D user
> > since1999. I am programmer too. I would like to do a modeler for povray based on
> > Moray . Yet the project is called POVmax.
> > I want to use Code Typhon Studio 7.70 ( GLscenes components ) to do this . I
> > would like to know if it's possible to obtain a copy of Moray's project. I think
> > Moray is easyer to use than BLENDER.
>
> Hi Eric,
>
> I will release the Moray source by the end of this month.
>
> -- Chris

Thank's a lot ... :)

Post a reply to this message

> Chris Cason <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote:
> > I will release the Moray source by the end of this month.
> >
> > -- Chris
>
> Thank's a lot ... :)

+1.

regards, jr.

Post a reply to this message

 > Chris Cason <del### [at] deletethistoopovrayorg> wrote:
 >> On 31/05/2022 17:33, eric wrote:
 >>> Hello, I am Eric Mille from France . By the past I was a Moray 3D user
 >>> since1999. I am programmer too. I would like to do a modeler for
povray based on
 >>> Moray . Yet the project is called POVmax.
 >>> I want to use Code Typhon Studio 7.70 ( GLscenes components ) to do
this . I
 >>> would like to know if it's possible to obtain a copy of Moray's
project. I think
 >>> Moray is easyer to use than BLENDER.
 >>
 >> Hi Eric,
 >>
 >> I will release the Moray source by the end of this month.
 >>
 >> -- Chris
 >
 > Thank's a lot ... :)

Really!

Paolo

Post a reply to this message

> I will release the Moray source by the end of this month.

(only a few more hours, and I will have won a bet.  :-))

regards, jr.