POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : After povray 3.7 what are the plans for Moray? Server Time
19 Mar 2024 02:34:22 EDT (-0400)
  After povray 3.7 what are the plans for Moray? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: BugCoder
Subject: After povray 3.7 what are the plans for Moray?
Date: 25 Apr 2015 06:15:00
Message: <web.553b67fca9a0a133a5b265600@news.povray.org>
I'm like a lot moray. I was glad when I found out that Moray would be free. But
it was many years ago. Are there any new news on the future of Moray ?. Are you
going to publish the source code? Since the publication of Povray 3.7 I'm
waiting for some kind of information.

Post a reply to this message

> I'm like a lot moray. I was glad when I found out that Moray would be free. But
> it was many years ago. Are there any new news on the future of Moray ?. Are you
> going to publish the source code? Since the publication of Povray 3.7 I'm
> waiting for some kind of information.

I agree.
Like I said in Tim Cook's message about a year ago, I would be more than
happy to test beta versions and provide feedback.

--
Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> I'm like a lot moray. I was glad when I found out that Moray would be free. But
> it was many years ago. Are there any new news on the future of Moray ?. Are you
> going to publish the source code? Since the publication of Povray 3.7 I'm
> waiting for some kind of information.

Moray was very simple to use and I'd be glad too to have some
information about his future.
;-)
Paolo

Post a reply to this message

From: Lawrence W
Date: 3 Jun 2015 12:00:00
Message: <web.556f23ae73cf6fa9ae2ccffa0@news.povray.org>
"BugCoder" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> I'm like a lot moray. I was glad when I found out that Moray would be free. But
> it was many years ago. Are there any new news on the future of Moray ?. Are you
> going to publish the source code? Since the publication of Povray 3.7 I'm
> waiting for some kind of information.

Oh man, I would go ape if Moray development was back on!  I have mostly switched
to using Blender3D for modeling work, but if it's CAD-like precision I want, I
just fall back to Moray 3.5/PovRAY 3.5.  I mean, it's 2015, but that stuff still
works!  It would be SOOOOO nice to have a version of Moray usable with PovRAY
3.7+!!

I would absolutely support such an endeavor however I could!

Post a reply to this message

From: Brook Monroe
Date: 27 Jun 2015 17:50:00
Message: <web.558f1a4373cf6fa9ad21abdf0@news.povray.org>
"Lawrence W" <lwi### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "BugCoder" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > I'm like a lot moray. I was glad when I found out that Moray would be free. But
> > it was many years ago. Are there any new news on the future of Moray ?. Are you
> > going to publish the source code? Since the publication of Povray 3.7 I'm
> > waiting for some kind of information.
>
> Oh man, I would go ape if Moray development was back on!  I have mostly switched
> to using Blender3D for modeling work, but if it's CAD-like precision I want, I
> just fall back to Moray 3.5/PovRAY 3.5.  I mean, it's 2015, but that stuff still
> works!  It would be SOOOOO nice to have a version of Moray usable with PovRAY
> 3.7+!!
>
> I would absolutely support such an endeavor however I could!

So would I.  I've been trying to get at the code to help pull the commercial
stuff out but most posts of this nature just seem to die.

Post a reply to this message

From: Convinced
Date: 2 Jul 2015 10:10:00
Message: <web.5595453b73cf6fa9811d02d10@news.povray.org>
"Brook Monroe" <bro### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> "Lawrence W" <lwi### [at] gmailcom> wrote:
> > "BugCoder" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > > I'm like a lot moray. I was glad when I found out that Moray would be free. But
> > > it was many years ago. Are there any new news on the future of Moray ?. Are you
> > > going to publish the source code? Since the publication of Povray 3.7 I'm
> > > waiting for some kind of information.
> >
> > Oh man, I would go ape if Moray development was back on!  I have mostly switched
> > to using Blender3D for modeling work, but if it's CAD-like precision I want, I
> > just fall back to Moray 3.5/PovRAY 3.5.  I mean, it's 2015, but that stuff still
> > works!  It would be SOOOOO nice to have a version of Moray usable with PovRAY
> > 3.7+!!
> >
> > I would absolutely support such an endeavor however I could!
>
> So would I.  I've been trying to get at the code to help pull the commercial
> stuff out but most posts of this nature just seem to die.

I think I speak for hundreds of people out here. I've followed Povray for ever
and am very disappointed by the lack of interest shown. As for Moray, I used it
from it's Dos days and abandoned 3d Max in favour of it.
What a shame no-one has worked on it. Surely the source code is available to
some-one. Look at the Blender community or Gimp or Krita. What happened to the
Povray enthusiasts.
Come on all you bright young coders. Get your teeth into something useful
exciting and free.

Post a reply to this message

From: Lutz
Date: 29 Jan 2018 13:00:01
Message: <web.5a6f609573cf6fa9680725ff0@news.povray.org>
> What a shame no-one has worked on it. Surely the source code is available to
> some-one.
Agreed. I hope that we will see something on this soon.... :-)