POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Use of backdrop files in Whale04.mdl Server Time
19 Mar 2024 03:40:21 EDT (-0400)
  Use of backdrop files in Whale04.mdl (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: jberlin
Subject: Use of backdrop files in Whale04.mdl
Date: 11 Aug 2013 09:15:01
Message: <web.52078d3ecdd894f69c8251150@news.povray.org>
Hello, I have a rather elaborate project going on where I could really use
background pictures as done in Whale04.mdl (WhaleSide and WhaleTop).  I can't
find the control where the files are specified.  I suspect they are "backdrops"*
but where is the control that sets them?  Please answer.

* Moray -> View -> Configuration -> Search Paths has a category "backdrops"
which points to ...\Moray for Windows\Maps which is where WhaleSide and WhaleTop
are located.

Post a reply to this message

> Hello, I have a rather elaborate project going on where I could really use
> background pictures as done in Whale04.mdl (WhaleSide and WhaleTop).  I can't
> find the control where the files are specified.  I suspect they are "backdrops"*
> but where is the control that sets them?  Please answer.
>
> * Moray -> View -> Configuration -> Search Paths has a category "backdrops"
> which points to ...\Moray for Windows\Maps which is where WhaleSide and WhaleTop
> are located.

Right-click on the viewport name ('top', 'side', etc.), one of its items
is for the backdrop.

Note:  the backdrop is limited in resolution and cannot be fixed to
particular coordinates to allow for zooming into it for particular
precision.