POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Getting light to reflect Server Time
28 Mar 2024 13:34:07 EDT (-0400)
  Getting light to reflect (Message 5 to 14 of 14)
From: Trevor G Quayle
Subject: Re: Getting light to reflect
Date: 21 Feb 2011 13:20:00
Message: <web.4d62ac2a17f7bc16b05ef170@news.povray.org>
"alanr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> "Roman Reiner" <lim### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> > Radiosity!
>
> Yep - thats turned on as is Photons, but still no refelction of the light from
> the spotlight.

You need to add:

photons{
  target
  reflection on
}
to your reflecting object

-tgq

Post a reply to this message

From: alanr
Date: 22 Feb 2011 15:10:00
Message: <web.4d64176817f7bc161d72ddf90@news.povray.org>
"Trevor G Quayle" <Tin### [at] hotmailcom> wrote:
> "alanr" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> > "Roman Reiner" <lim### [at] gmxde> wrote:
> > > Radiosity!
> >
> > Yep - thats turned on as is Photons, but still no refelction of the light from
> > the spotlight.
>
> You need to add:
>
> photons{
>   target
>   reflection on
> }
> to your reflecting object
>
> -tgq

In POV I checked the scene file last submitted by Moray and it contains that
very same piece in the cube declaration with the addition 1.0 on the target
line.

So I am really at a loss as to what to do next.

Post a reply to this message