POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : invisible mesh from poser Server Time
19 Mar 2024 01:31:16 EDT (-0400)
  invisible mesh from poser (Message 1 to 10 of 12)
From: RAM
Subject: invisible mesh from poser
Date: 16 Dec 2008 17:35:01
Message: <web.49482caab3f7a00ee1a2a7d10@news.povray.org>
I am having some trouble getting figures created in Poser7 and imported into
Moray to render in either Moray or Povray. I have tried exporting from Poser to
3DS, OBJ, and DXF using Poseray, but the result is the same. The figure will
appear in the Moray modeling window, but when I render or raytrace it fails to
appear. It looks really strange when the beautiful woman I created in Poser and
posed holding a wineglass in Moray disappears leaving only the wineglass
floating in space!

I have looked into the Povray output code from Moray to try to figure this out
and have noticed that the include file fails to #declare the object itself. All
the body parts are #declared individually but nowhere can I find the total mesh
object. Of course this would explain why the figure fails to render, but it
does not explain why it appears in the Moray modeling window but yet fails to
render.

Betcha someone here has encountered this before and when you tell me why this is
happening and how to fix it I will look like such a newbie. Even though I have
been tinkering with Povray off and on for more than twelve years.

I am using a windowsXP laptop with 512MB RAM and plenty of space on the HD. I am
running Povray 3.6 and Moray 3.5. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Robert Mickelsen
www.robertmickelsen.com

Post a reply to this message