POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : How do I rotate a citygen 1.5 scene in moray? Server Time
28 Mar 2024 17:04:24 EDT (-0400)
  How do I rotate a citygen 1.5 scene in moray? (Message 1 to 7 of 7)
From: JReyes
Subject: How do I rotate a citygen 1.5 scene in moray?
Date: 28 Jan 2007 01:35:00
Message: <web.45bc43458f47c8365604e8e60@news.povray.org>
I want to use a scene create with CityGen v1.5
(http://members.tripod.com/~dcieslak/util.html) in moray. I find I can
easily bring in the scene and have it rendered. But of course the city is Y
up and moray is z up. what is the best way to rotate the city? I tried using
the POVInclude plugin for Moray
(http://www.kolban.com/3d/POVInclude.htm) with the option "inclusion of
POV-Ray to Moray coordinate system transforms." checked but had no luck.
Any assistance would be welcomed. Thank you.

Post a reply to this message

>I want to use a scene create with CityGen v1.5
> (http://members.tripod.com/~dcieslak/util.html) in moray. I find I can
> easily bring in the scene and have it rendered. But of course the city is
> up and moray is z up. what is the best way to rotate the city? I tried
> using
> the POVInclude plugin for Moray
> (http://www.kolban.com/3d/POVInclude.htm) with the option "inclusion of
> POV-Ray to Moray coordinate system transforms." checked but had no luck.
> Any assistance would be welcomed. Thank you.

Basically, the transform from POV-Ray to Moray (or from Moray to POV-Ray) is
very simple. The only thing you have to do is to add two commands to the (I
suppose) union englobing your city:

scale <1, 1, -1>
rotate <90, 0, 0>

That's all.

When using the POVInclude plugin, the advanced option you mention is only
used for the placeholder box visible in Moray and containing the POV-Ray
object. There is a pdf tutorial available for this plugin. If you are
interested, I can post it in moray.binaries.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> Basically, the transform from POV-Ray to Moray (or from Moray to POV-Ray) is
> very simple. The only thing you have to do is to add two commands to the (I
> suppose) union englobing your city:
>
> scale <1, 1, -1>
> rotate <90, 0, 0>
>
> That's all.
>
> When using the POVInclude plugin, the advanced option you mention is only
> used for the placeholder box visible in Moray and containing the POV-Ray
> object. There is a pdf tutorial available for this plugin. If you are
> interested, I can post it in moray.binaries.
>
> Thomas

I'm not great with povray script writing and I think that is where my
problem is. I don't know how to declare the whole city as one object and
rotate it. I'm going to download files from povray.text.tutorials and see
if I find one with an example that I can copy-paste and edit to do this.

thank you for such a quick response!

Post a reply to this message