POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : New PoV file / INC file mesh importer to Moray Server Time
29 Mar 2024 06:37:32 EDT (-0400)
  New PoV file / INC file mesh importer to Moray (Message 1 to 1 of 1)
From: The Nerd Show
Subject: New PoV file / INC file mesh importer to Moray
Date: 30 Jun 2005 19:50:01
Message: <web.42c48456ab4afd45a797a0a60@news.povray.org>
Limitations:

Only works with files containing individual <triangle> statements.  I am
working on an update that will be able to handle MESH2 objects and VRML.

The hardest parts have been completed.  It sews these individual triangles
into
a unified mesh, manufacturing UV and normal information as it goes.  It
also makes sure all the triangles are turned the same way so whether you
are importing exterior hulls (counter-clockwise triangles) or interior
surfaces (clockwise triangles) there will be no flipped triangles
(triangles turned the wrong way) in your mesh.  This is something that
annoyed me about other importers costing much more.

Included in this plugin is a VRML97 exporter which will export any Moray
mesh object to VRML 2.0, for viewing in a web browser.  You can then use
existing tools, such as VRMLPad or Internet Scene Assembler to make your 3D
project ready for the web.

Oh, and hi to the newsgroup.  I am a new C++ programmer and I am completely
new to 3D graphics programming so take it easy on me.  I knew nothing about
these subjects last week.  I never claimed to know anything, only to have
rapid learning capabilities.  So if you have any questions I probably won't
know the answer.  But I can find it for you in the appropriate reference.

Henry

Downloads available on www.thenerdshow.com