POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray Plugin Server Time
29 Mar 2024 09:33:22 EDT (-0400)
  Moray Plugin (Message 1 to 10 of 14)
From: Jjjakal
Subject: Moray Plugin
Date: 17 May 2005 21:00:01
Message: <web.428a936b8c33e2ebd7beee730@news.povray.org>
I am fairly new to Pov-Ray and am currently not able to work on a movie my
friends and I are making because for some odd reason Mo-Ray will not
cooperate with Pov-Ray.  I have downloaded Mo-Ray and and the Mo-Ray plugin
but when I run Mo-Ray i get a message saying  " The plugin i3Dto3D could
not be loaded"  and Mo-Ray wont communicate. Both progams seem to work fine
though.

Post a reply to this message

>I am fairly new to Pov-Ray and am currently not able to work on a movie my
>friends and I are making because for some odd reason Mo-Ray will not
>cooperate with Pov-Ray.  I have downloaded Mo-Ray and and the Mo-Ray plugin
>but when I run Mo-Ray i get a message saying  " The plugin i3Dto3D could
>not be loaded"  and Mo-Ray wont communicate. Both progams seem to work fine
>though.

Make sure that you have Moray pointed at the Pov-Ray executable in
Rendering options (Alt + F9). Be aware that Moray works best with Pov
3.5.
See also
http://news.povray.org/moray.win/thread/%3C38e02f56%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=1

Regards
        Stephen

Post a reply to this message

Stephen McAvoy <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On Tue, 17 May 2005 20:59:23 EDT, "Jjjakal" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
>
> >I am fairly new to Pov-Ray and am currently not able to work on a movie my
> >friends and I are making because for some odd reason Mo-Ray will not
> >cooperate with Pov-Ray.  I have downloaded Mo-Ray and and the Mo-Ray plugin
> >but when I run Mo-Ray i get a message saying  " The plugin i3Dto3D could
> >not be loaded"  and Mo-Ray wont communicate. Both progams seem to work fine
> >though.
> >

> Make sure that you have Moray pointed at the Pov-Ray executable in
> Rendering options (Alt + F9). Be aware that Moray works best with Pov
> 3.5.
> See also
> http://news.povray.org/moray.win/thread/%3C38e02f56%40news.povray.org%3E/?mtop=1
>

> Regards
>         Stephen

It is good that I at least have that information but, it does me no good. I
have check that moray is directed right and it is.  When I Raytrace a third
of the time Moray fails to open Povray. Another third it opens Povray with
my most previously viewed file open.  The last third of the time Povray
opens then both programs stop responding.
                                   James

Post a reply to this message

>It is good that I at least have that information but, it does me no good. I
>have check that moray is directed right and it is.  When I Raytrace a third
>of the time Moray fails to open Povray. Another third it opens Povray with
>my most previously viewed file open.  The last third of the time Povray
>opens then both programs stop responding.
>                                   James
What version of Pov-Ray are you using and what version of windows?

Regards
        Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jjjakal
Date: 18 May 2005 20:05:01
Message: <web.428bd715ef82ac64418e438b0@news.povray.org>
Stephen McAvoy <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> On Wed, 18 May 2005 08:50:56 EDT, "Jjjakal" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

> What version of Pov-Ray are you using and what version of windows?
>

> Regards
>         Stephen

I am currently using XP and povray version 3.6

Post a reply to this message

From: Tim Cook
Date: 18 May 2005 20:20:35
Message: <428bdbd3$1@news.povray.org>
Jjjakal wrote:
> I am currently using XP and povray version 3.6

POV 3.6 is known to not play well with Moray 3.5...suggest you use POV 3.5.

--
Tim Cook
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-empyrean

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen McAvoy
Date: 19 May 2005 04:35:38
Message: <kujo819rscdapf3jasb58akqur3a4iu5d4@4ax.com>
On Wed, 18 May 2005 20:00:21 EDT, "Jjjakal" <nomail@nomail> wrote:

>I am currently using XP and povray version 3.6

As my Lord Cook of Empyrean :-) said use Pov 3.5. Maybe I should have
made that more obvious in my original post.

Regards
        Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen McAvoy
Date: 19 May 2005 04:44:07
Message: <idko811qcbmkdjmg6nrrcfn5b5kjc68ed9@4ax.com>
BTW Welcome to the group.

Regards
        Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Jjjakal
Date: 19 May 2005 09:05:01
Message: <web.428c8d81ef82ac64d7beee730@news.povray.org>
Stephen McAvoy <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:
> BTW Welcome to the group.
>
> Regards
>         Stephen

Thanks

Post a reply to this message

From: Jjjakal
Date: 19 May 2005 17:00:00
Message: <web.428cfd92ef82ac64d7beee730@news.povray.org>
"Jjjakal" <nomail@nomail> wrote:
> Stephen McAvoy <mca### [at] aolcom> wrote:

How might I go about downlaoding Pov v3.5?