POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Problems with FullMoon plugin Server Time
23 Apr 2024 12:15:30 EDT (-0400)
  Problems with FullMoon plugin (Message 1 to 10 of 18)
From: Paolo Gibellini
Subject: Problems with FullMoon plugin
Date: 31 Jan 2005 04:07:20
Message: <41fdf548$1@news.povray.org>
Hallo!
I want to test lua scripts and I have installed fullmoon.dll in Moray
plugins folder, but Moray crashes while trying to use the plugin, with a
general protection fault error.
Have you any suggestion?
Thank you in advance,
;-)
Paolo

Post a reply to this message

From: StephenS
Subject: Re: Problems with FullMoon plugin
Date: 31 Jan 2005 19:12:57
Message: <41fec989@news.povray.org>
> Hallo!
> I want to test lua scripts and I have installed fullmoon.dll in Moray
> plugins folder, but Moray crashes while trying to use the plugin, with a
> general protection fault error.
> Have you any suggestion?
> Thank you in advance,
> ;-)
> Paolo
If you are trying to test your own plugin when you get this error message,
make sure you've correctly used the UID number. It's not enough to randomly
change some of the numbers from a sample plugin (like I first tried to do).

If this is not the problem then a little more information would be useful.

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Paolo Gibellini
Date: 2 Feb 2005 03:46:39
Message: <4200936f$1@news.povray.org>
The problem is different.
The error comes at Moray startup while loading fullmoon.dll, i.e. I cannot
start Moray with this dll in plugins directory.
My OS is Windows 2000, Moray version is 3.5 and lua interpreter dll is the
latest I've found.
Thnak you,
;-)
Paolo

> If you are trying to test your own plugin when you get this error message,
> make sure you've correctly used the UID number. It's not enough to
randomly
> change some of the numbers from a sample plugin (like I first tried to
do).

> If this is not the problem then a little more information would be useful.
>
> Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: StephenS
Date: 6 Feb 2005 07:28:19
Message: <42060d63$1@news.povray.org>
> The problem is different.
> The error comes at Moray startup while loading fullmoon.dll, i.e. I cannot
> start Moray with this dll in plugins directory.
> My OS is Windows 2000, Moray version is 3.5 and lua interpreter dll is the
> latest I've found.
> Thnak you,
> ;-)
> Paolo
When developing new plugins I sometimes get errors at two different times.
One can be at startup. When Moray loads the fullmoon.dll, fullmoon checks
for files with the (.lua) file extension. Plugins with missing or
incorrectly implemented functions can fall here. The other time they can
fail is when you try to create the object (result of the plugin code) in
Moray. The second one is usually with an error code from Lua.

Try removing all .lua plugins, but keep the fullmoon.dll

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Andre de Leiradella
Date: 10 Feb 2005 10:25:01
Message: <web.420b7c7b6ca2af4657904ff10@news.povray.org>
> Try removing all .lua plugins, but keep the fullmoon.dll
>
> Stephen

If that works, put your Lua plugin in the same folder as fullmoon.dll and
try again. If that also works, try to put other Lua plugins one by one,
testing if Moray crashes. Maybe there's some kind of conflict. Did you
generate a UID for it?

Post a reply to this message

From: gibe
Date: 21 Feb 2005 03:55:00
Message: <web.4219a12e6ca2af46edcdb8d20@news.povray.org>
I did it!
Sorry for the late reply, but I was ill for the whole week...
Removing and re-storing all .lua files I've identified two corrupted files
and now Moray works correctly with fullmoon plugin.
Thank you very much for the support and have a nice day!
;-)
Paolo

"StephenS" <sshonfield(at)ottawa(dot)net> wrote:
> > The problem is different.
> > The error comes at Moray startup while loading fullmoon.dll, i.e. I cannot
> > start Moray with this dll in plugins directory.
> > My OS is Windows 2000, Moray version is 3.5 and lua interpreter dll is the
> > latest I've found.
> > Thnak you,
> > ;-)
> > Paolo
> When developing new plugins I sometimes get errors at two different times.
> One can be at startup. When Moray loads the fullmoon.dll, fullmoon checks
> for files with the (.lua) file extension. Plugins with missing or
> incorrectly implemented functions can fall here. The other time they can
> fail is when you try to create the object (result of the plugin code) in
> Moray. The second one is usually with an error code from Lua.
>
> Try removing all .lua plugins, but keep the fullmoon.dll
>
> Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: gibe
Date: 21 Feb 2005 03:55:01
Message: <web.4219a1586ca2af46edcdb8d20@news.povray.org>
I did it!
Sorry for the late reply, see more details in my reply to Stephen.
Now all works correctly!
Thank you very much for the support and have a nice day!
;-)
Paolo

> If that works, put your Lua plugin in the same folder as fullmoon.dll and
> try again. If that also works, try to put other Lua plugins one by one,
> testing if Moray crashes. Maybe there's some kind of conflict. Did you
> generate a UID for it?

Post a reply to this message

From: Andre de Leiradella
Date: 1 Mar 2005 06:50:01
Message: <web.422455bf6ca2af4657904ff10@news.povray.org>
"gibe" <p.g### [at] teinoscom> wrote:
> I did it!
> Sorry for the late reply, see more details in my reply to Stephen.
> Now all works correctly!
> Thank you very much for the support and have a nice day!
> ;-)
> Paolo

Which two .lua files were causing Moray to crash? I'd like to take a look
and see if there is something wrong with them or if it's something inside
FullMoon.

Regards,

Andre de Leiradella

Post a reply to this message

From: Paolo Gibellini
Date: 3 Mar 2005 04:24:00
Message: <4226d7b0@news.povray.org>
One of the file was related to shells.
Tomorrow I'll post you both.
;-)
Paolo

> Which two .lua files were causing Moray to crash? I'd like to take a look
> and see if there is something wrong with them or if it's something inside
> FullMoon.
>
> Regards,
>
> Andre de Leiradella

Post a reply to this message

From: Paolo Gibellini
Date: 4 Mar 2005 02:54:54
Message: <4228144e$1@news.povray.org>
Here are the .lua files which causes Moray to crash.
Thank you for your interest.
Have a good day,
;-)
Paolo

> Which two .lua files were causing Moray to crash? I'd like to take a look
> and see if there is something wrong with them or if it's something inside
> FullMoon.

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'lua_failed.zip' (14 KB)