POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Re: animation rendering stops after first frame Server Time
3 May 2024 07:11:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: animation rendering stops after first frame (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: jens
Subject: Re: animation rendering stops after first frame
Date: 28 Sep 2004 14:45:00
Message: <web.4159af13727821185a842f0d0@news.povray.org>
Mark McGahee <env### [at] examplenet> wrote:
> jens wrote:
> > I use Moray 3.5 build 9330 and POV 3.6 under WinXP SP1.
>
> Pov 3.6 and Moray 3.5 don't get along so well. Try using Pov 3.5 instead.

I did indeed downgrade from POV 3.6.1 (not 3.6 as previously reported) to
3.5.
But the same effect still persists: only the first frame gets rendered by
POV, while all other renderers from the animation options menu render the
full film.

I also tried to choose different output formats. Made no difference.

It seems to me that MORAY does not recognize that POV has finished the frame
and waits and waits. POV displays the freshly rendered image but the *.avi
window of MORAY remains black. In the animation options menu of MORAY the
job is still active and inside POV the communications DLL sais it is
connected to MORAY.

So everything looks perfect. But it still does not continue rendering.

I am running out of ideas.
Is there anyone who happens to know how MORAY is supposed to recognize a
finished frame?

Thanks

Jens

Post a reply to this message

its a problem withe the animation-Povray dll. have a look whether the
moray-animation plugin shows up in the pov-plugins. if it doesn't please
reread the instructions for installing the animation plugin . I don't
recall whats the problem but this should help you.

Arne