POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : UDO to 3DS file conversion possible? Server Time
3 May 2024 03:23:12 EDT (-0400)
  UDO to 3DS file conversion possible? (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Greyfang
Subject: UDO to 3DS file conversion possible?
Date: 21 Jul 2004 11:50:01
Message: <web.40fe8f91da6b8919de60ad10@news.povray.org>
Does anyone know of a free converter/utility that will take UDO output and
convert it to a 3DS file?

Post a reply to this message

From: Lutz Kretzschmar
Subject: Re: UDO to 3DS file conversion possible?
Date: 21 Jul 2004 13:30:09
Message: <cu8tf01ijsjcpg2t3qfr4lcum2f76d5nth@4ax.com>
Hi Greyfang, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> Does anyone know of a free converter/utility that will take UDO output and
> convert it to a 3DS file?
No, this is not possible, since UDO does not (always) export surfaces.
I'm not sure, but I think the 3DWin plugin can export a Moray scene to
3DS directly, at least if it is built with meshes instead of CSG.

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray