POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : My first model with Moray - finally happy with it.... Server Time
3 May 2024 05:47:10 EDT (-0400)
  My first model with Moray - finally happy with it.... (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Greyfang
Subject: My first model with Moray - finally happy with it....
Date: 22 Jun 2004 23:50:00
Message: <web.40d8fcf3bb5cac629de60ad10@news.povray.org>
Hey thought I'd share with you Moray-users.  I finally got my first
BattleMech model to the point where I have been happy with it.  Moray is
the first modeler I have used and I can work with much less guess-work than
when I used just POVRay.

http://www.mechdropzone.com/image_pages/image21.html

I have a bunch of renders but that's my first post on my site.

.....I have an idea of the scene I want to put it in, but now I have to
figure out shimmering heat waves, fog, grass, and a big spooky tree.

=Grey=

Post a reply to this message

> Hey thought I'd share with you Moray-users.  I finally got my first
> BattleMech model to the point where I have been happy with it.  Moray is
> the first modeler I have used and I can work with much less guess-work
than
> when I used just POVRay.
>
> http://www.mechdropzone.com/image_pages/image21.html

Wow evil and lethal
Good model and good texturing

> .....I have an idea of the scene I want to put it in, but now I have to
> figure out shimmering heat waves, fog, grass, and a big spooky tree.

depends on the type of fog you want but you can make it either with ordinary
fog or with scattering media
for grass and trees  plugins by Keith Hull are downloadable here
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/keithh/povnew.htm)

Cheers

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: Remy Closset
Date: 23 Jun 2004 02:13:11
Message: <40d91f77$1@news.povray.org>
Beautifull work!!!

using shadow to show the object makes it more realistic. Good idea

> Hey thought I'd share with you Moray-users.  I finally got my first
> BattleMech model to the point where I have been happy with it.  Moray is
> the first modeler I have used and I can work with much less guess-work
than
> when I used just POVRay.
>
> http://www.mechdropzone.com/image_pages/image21.html
>
> I have a bunch of renders but that's my first post on my site.
>
> .....I have an idea of the scene I want to put it in, but now I have to
> figure out shimmering heat waves, fog, grass, and a big spooky tree.
>
> =Grey=

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 23 Jun 2004 03:05:23
Message: <40d92bb3@news.povray.org>
"Greyfang" <gre### [at] mechdropzonecom> schreef in bericht
> Hey thought I'd share with you Moray-users.  I finally got my first
> BattleMech model to the point where I have been happy with it.  Moray is
> the first modeler I have used and I can work with much less guess-work
than
> when I used just POVRay.
>
> http://www.mechdropzone.com/image_pages/image21.html
>
> I have a bunch of renders but that's my first post on my site.
>
> .....I have an idea of the scene I want to put it in, but now I have to
> figure out shimmering heat waves, fog, grass, and a big spooky tree.

Excellent work.
Just out of curiosity: Have you made it moveable? Has it Inverse Kinematic
capabilities? I think it should have...

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

From: Greyfang
Date: 24 Jun 2004 00:10:01
Message: <web.40da5309898d43b59de60ad10@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlnet> wrote:
> "Greyfang" <gre### [at] mechdropzonecom> schreef in bericht
> > Hey thought I'd share with you Moray-users.  I finally got my first
> > BattleMech model to the point where I have been happy with it.  Moray is
> > the first modeler I have used and I can work with much less guess-work
> than
> > when I used just POVRay.
> >
> > http://www.mechdropzone.com/image_pages/image21.html
> >
> > I have a bunch of renders but that's my first post on my site.
> >
> > .....I have an idea of the scene I want to put it in, but now I have to
> > figure out shimmering heat waves, fog, grass, and a big spooky tree.
> >
> Excellent work.
> Just out of curiosity: Have you made it moveable? Has it Inverse Kinematic
> capabilities? I think it should have...
>
> Thomas

No, I looked in to IK at first but right now I'm just interested in static
images.  Also from what I have seen in gameplay the motion of
chicken-walker mechs is no easy feat, so I bailed out on the IK for the
moment.  Someday I would like to implement IK and then make a brief
animation.