POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Did I miss how to mirror a set of grouped objects? Server Time
3 May 2024 01:35:35 EDT (-0400)
  Did I miss how to mirror a set of grouped objects? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Greyfang
Subject: Did I miss how to mirror a set of grouped objects?
Date: 9 Jun 2004 09:10:00
Message: <web.40c70b8962eb78269de60ad10@news.povray.org>
In Moray I kind of assume there must be a way to mirror a grouped set of
objects that has a "handedness" to it.  I have built a complex robotic arm
and of course want a right and left side.  However, after using a zillion
features I have not yet run across a way to do this...if anyone knows
please give me a clue.

Thanks in advance.

=Grey=

Post a reply to this message

> In Moray I kind of assume there must be a way to mirror a grouped set of
> objects that has a "handedness" to it.  I have built a complex robotic arm
> and of course want a right and left side.  However, after using a zillion
> features I have not yet run across a way to do this...if anyone knows
> please give me a clue.
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
> =Grey=

Select your group
type crtl+d ( as duplicate)
allow scale transformation, scale by -1 in the direction you want
choose wether you want a reference copy ( all changes in the 1st group is
refreshed in copy) or not
click ok
done :-)

Marc

Post a reply to this message

"Marc Jacquier" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:

> web.40c70b8962eb78269de60ad10@news.povray.org...
> > In Moray I kind of assume there must be a way to mirror a grouped set of
> > objects that has a "handedness" to it.  I have built a complex robotic arm
> > and of course want a right and left side.  However, after using a zillion
> > features I have not yet run across a way to do this...if anyone knows
> > please give me a clue.
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> > =Grey=
> >

> Select your group
> type crtl+d ( as duplicate)
> allow scale transformation, scale by -1 in the direction you want
> choose wether you want a reference copy ( all changes in the 1st group is
> refreshed in copy) or not
> click ok
> done :-)
>
> Marc

THANKS for the prompt response.  It makes sense but I would have never
guessed it on my own! Heh heh.  I did look under "mirror" in the
documentation index but I came up with nothing.

=Grey=