POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Fire_making Server Time
3 May 2024 03:23:53 EDT (-0400)
  Fire_making (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: nomail
Subject: Fire_making
Date: 29 Apr 2004 08:35:00
Message: <web.4090f58d78fae12e318319be0@news.povray.org>
I use Moray at work, to make stills of new products (mostly Fireplaces), and
it will make my designs more realistic if there is some fire included.

Any advice be most apriciate.

Post a reply to this message

From: Marc Jacquier
Subject: Re: Fire_making
Date: 29 Apr 2004 08:45:59
Message: <4090f907$1@news.povray.org>

web.4090f58d78fae12e318319be0@news.povray.org...
> I use Moray at work, to make stills of new products (mostly Fireplaces),
and
> it will make my designs more realistic if there is some fire included.
>
> Any advice be most apriciate.

Making fire with POV is a tricky job but the three ways I'm thinking of are
media emitting (but I don't figure out which patern to use and it's slow)
parallel vertical planes showing a semi transparent color_map pattern (but
which one again)
box with an image_map of a fire

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: nomail
Date: 30 Apr 2004 04:45:00
Message: <web.4092118acfd8b7331add7c980@news.povray.org>
"Marc Jacquier" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:

> web.4090f58d78fae12e318319be0@news.povray.org...
> > I use Moray at work, to make stills of new products (mostly Fireplaces),
> and
> > it will make my designs more realistic if there is some fire included.
> >
> > Any advice be most apriciate.
> >
> Making fire with POV is a tricky job but the three ways I'm thinking of are
> media emitting (but I don't figure out which patern to use and it's slow)
> parallel vertical planes showing a semi transparent color_map pattern (but
> which one again)
> box with an image_map of a fire
>
> Marc

Thanx for advice... I will try third one!
Is there any fire plugin in development, in near future.