POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : multiple textures? Server Time
21 Jun 2024 01:39:24 EDT (-0400)
  multiple textures? (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: hoven
Subject: Re: multiple textures?
Date: 5 Nov 2003 17:10:01
Message: <web.3fa974bfbbbde71277c449c0@news.povray.org>
thanks guys. Got it working the way I wanted it.

Thanks!

Post a reply to this message

From: Andy Cocker
Date: 12 Dec 2003 14:23:04
Message: <3fda1598@news.povray.org>
"Marc Jacquier" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in message
> Yes, for a mesh, you have to make a mesh texture.
> In Moray,
> open the material editor,
> select the material that is causing an error
> right click
> select Properties/Rename   (shortcut Alt/Enter)
> Check "This is a mesh2 texture...." box
>

> Doesn't it work better?
> Moray doesn't allow a material on a mesh, only a texture ( material is a
> hierarchy level above a texture:
> material{texture{...}[interior{...}]}
> in pov language, interior being optional.
> By default, Moray exports materials to POV even if you put no interior so
> you have to tell Moray to export only a texture.

Thanks for this info Marc... I've been searching through older posts trying to find
out how to
do this. It would have been nice for there to have been some mention of this in the
help
files.. I certainly couldn't find anything.

All the best,

Andy Cocker