POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Photon Settings Server Time
3 May 2024 03:32:32 EDT (-0400)
  Photon Settings (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Stephen McAvoy
Subject: Photon Settings
Date: 17 Oct 2004 10:05:10
Message: <pvu4n0h853ohhiocssvqmmp3anavvn339c@4ax.com>
I am playing around with Photons. In the Modify Tab in the Photon
section, there is a Numeric Box to the right of the Target check box.
What is it for?

Regards
        Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Marc Jacquier
Subject: Re: Photon Settings
Date: 17 Oct 2004 11:21:57
Message: <41728e15@news.povray.org>

pvu4n0h853ohhiocssvqmmp3anavvn339c@4ax.com...
> I am playing around with Photons. In the Modify Tab in the Photon
> section, there is a Numeric Box to the right of the Target check box.
> What is it for?

For the spacing_multiplier
The density of the photons can be adjusted by specifying the
spacing_multiplier.
If, for example, you specify a spacing_multiplier of 0.5, then the spacing
for photons hitting this object will be 1/2 of the distance of the spacing
for other objects.

Marc

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 17:23:02 +0200, "Marc Jacquier"
<nos### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:

>For the spacing_multiplier
>The density of the photons can be adjusted by specifying the
>spacing_multiplier.
>If, for example, you specify a spacing_multiplier of 0.5, then the spacing
>for photons hitting this object will be 1/2 of the distance of the spacing
>for other objects.
>
>Marc

Thanks Marc. I was trying in the other direction e.g. 2, 4, 10 etc.

Regards
        Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 17 Oct 2004 12:05:58
Message: <41729866$1@news.povray.org>

8o35n09eqdd6o7pu4in41k23b03c44t4nh@4ax.com...

> Thanks Marc. I was trying in the other direction e.g. 2, 4, 10 etc.
>

> Regards
>         Stephen

Oh it's just a copy/paste from the POVdoc ;-)
Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: Stephen McAvoy
Date: 17 Oct 2004 12:28:07
Message: <vc75n05s4djqj22l0h9dsce4c73l0ogehh@4ax.com>
On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 18:07:00 +0200, "Marc Jacquier"
<nos### [at] wanadoofr> wrote:

>Oh it's just a copy/paste from the POVdoc ;-)
>Marc

Duh! It's not labelled. There's the rub.
That's one problem with the Moray docs IMO. Tying them up to the Pov
docs.

Regards
        Stephen