POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : ping Lutz (Registration) Server Time
3 May 2024 01:40:30 EDT (-0400)
  ping Lutz (Registration) (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Mark McGahee
Subject: ping Lutz (Registration)
Date: 24 Sep 2004 14:50:30
Message: <Xns956E797EF21F7defaulttolkien@203.29.75.35>
Lutz,
I registered 10 days ago with a Visa. No response yet other than the
automatic ack email. Emails I sent to mor### [at] stmuccom did not elicit a
response. I sent one to lut### [at] stmuccom this morning (evening your time),
then I found this NG.

It's okay if you don't want the Euros, but I used moray for a project which
I completed about a week ago. I was learning both moray and povray and
found the UI to very efficent and stable (with POV 3.5 that is) while
constructing a fairly complex CSG model.

It might be a good idea to put notice on the Moray site about the lockup
issues with POVRay 3.6.1. (Silly me, I assumed 3.6.1 couldn't be _that_
different from 3.5), When I first installed Moray I had tried to use it
with POV-Ray 3.6.1 and got the faulty impression that Moray was a piece of
junk. I came back to Moray for a second try a couple of weeks later, and
finally decided to try it with POVRay 3.5. Wow what a difference!

Povray 3.6.1 seems to co-exist with povray 3.5 so I've been using 3.5 with
moray then queuing up all the generated pov files in version 3.6.1 for 72
hours of radiosity crunching.

Anyway, I'm glad I sorted out POVRay version issue, because I haven't found
any thing as well suited to my needs for the price.

Now, I suppose I can live with the 4 second "Don't you think you should
register?" message before each save and render,  but I really would like to
get a registration key before I launch into another project - in case those
messages start showing up for longer and longer times. :-O

Regards,
Mark McGahee
envoy at sonic dot net

Post a reply to this message

Hi Mark McGahee, you recently wrote in moray.win:

> I registered 10 days ago with a Visa. No response yet other than the
> automatic ack email.
This has been resolved, as I did not receive the registration the
first time.

> It's okay if you don't want the Euros, ...
Actually, I do :-)

> It might be a good idea to put notice on the Moray site about the lockup
> issues with POVRay 3.6.1.
Yeah, you're right. Just haven't had much time lately...

Regards,

- Lutz
  email : lut### [at] stmuccom
  Web   : http://www.stmuc.com/moray

Post a reply to this message

From: Mark McGahee
Date: 1 Oct 2004 00:06:12
Message: <415cd7b4$1@news.povray.org>
Lutz Kretzschmar wrote:
> This has been resolved, as I did not receive the registration the
> first time.
Glad to hear it.  Since you mentioned the "first time", I'm hopeful that
this means the second attempt made it thru.

> ... Just haven't had much time lately...
Heh. I don't doubt it.

Thank you for the modeler. The more I use it, the more I like it.