POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Moray 4.0 wishlist Server Time
28 Mar 2024 04:16:24 EDT (-0400)
  Moray 4.0 wishlist (Message 1 to 5 of 5)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Moray 4.0 wishlist
Date: 26 May 2014 02:51:58
Message: <5382e48e$1@news.povray.org>
A few thoughts, while I'm watching a Livestream of someone building a 3D
mesh...

higher resolution for viewport backdrop display

ability to change the width of the Create/Modify/Select pane

a simple calculator module in the Create/Modify/Select pane would be
handy to have

In Moray's mesh-edit mode...

the ability to display an XYZ manipulation widget for a selected vertex
so you can move it along discrete axes in the camera-view (for both
world coordinates and relative to the vertex's normal)

the ability to orient a vertex normal, visually

edge-loop division, so you don't have to manually select and edge-split
and repeat around a cube then merge triangle-pairs back into quads

the ability to manually edit location coordinates for a selected vertex,
the way you can with sweeps and bezier patches

the ability to rig a skeleton and deform a mesh (able to configure
individual vertex motions relative to skeleton and/or other vertices/etc?)

Post a reply to this message