POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Actual locations of Moray plugins Server Time
23 Apr 2024 22:41:47 EDT (-0400)
  Actual locations of Moray plugins (Message 11 to 15 of 15)
From: StephenS
Subject: Re: Actual locations of Moray plugins
Date: 17 Feb 2010 17:25:00
Message: <web.4b7c6bb772a97f3bc85a89390@news.povray.org>
"Robert Baer" <rob### [at] localnetcom> wrote:
>   What i would like to do is start with a POV program
Have you looked at the Bishop3d modeling program?

Note: I have been an active user and poster on it's forums lately, so i'm
somewhat biased.

Stephen S

Post a reply to this message

From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 19 Feb 2010 02:53:39
Message: <4b7e4383$1@news.povray.org>
"Robert Baer" <rob### [at] localnetcom> schreef in bericht
>  Please forgive my ignorance, but what does each one of those do?
>  What i would like to do is start with a POV program (needs .INI, .INC and
> .POV
> to work) and "run" it in Moray.
>  Fiddle with it there and at minimum learn what i need to do in POV for
> better
> lighting or camera; ideally "export" modified back to POV.
>  Is there any hope of doing something like that?

You *cannot* do that in Moray. You *have* to start with a scene built in
Moray, which you export/run in POV-Ray version 3.5. You can never load a
POV-Ray scene into Moray.

The sites mentioned in my mail contain plugins which can help with the Morau
scenes in different ways. They are mostly self-explanatory.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> "Robert Baer" <rob### [at] localnetcom> schreef in bericht
>>  Please forgive my ignorance, but what does each one of those do?
>>  What i would like to do is start with a POV program (needs .INI, .INC and
>> .POV
>> to work) and "run" it in Moray.
>>  Fiddle with it there and at minimum learn what i need to do in POV for
>> better
>> lighting or camera; ideally "export" modified back to POV.
>>  Is there any hope of doing something like that?
>>

> You *cannot* do that in Moray. You *have* to start with a scene built in
> Moray, which you export/run in POV-Ray version 3.5. You can never load a
> POV-Ray scene into Moray.

But you can do it in Bishop3D (for a subset of PovRay files)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen

Post a reply to this message

"Stephen" <mca### [at] aolDOTcom> schreef in bericht

> But you can do it in Bishop3D (for a subset of PovRay files)

Moray is really in need of an upgrade in many respects. Still, I love that
critter for sentimental reasons... :)
Because I much more use mesh modellers nowadays, I have not had a serious
look at Bishop3D (shame on me)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

> "Stephen" <mca### [at] aolDOTcom> schreef in bericht
>> But you can do it in Bishop3D (for a subset of PovRay files)
>>

> Moray is really in need of an upgrade in many respects. Still, I love that
> critter for sentimental reasons... :)
> Because I much more use mesh modellers nowadays, I have not had a serious
> look at Bishop3D (shame on me)

I know what you mean although I have invested a lot of time and effort
on Bishop3D and I feel the same about it now.
The lack of development with Moray and not being able to render to 3.7
is a big turn off. But I miss being able to create meshes from CSG models.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen