POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : PlugIn News Server Time
28 Mar 2024 14:49:00 EDT (-0400)
  PlugIn News (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Keith
Subject: PlugIn News
Date: 30 Sep 2006 08:32:04
Message: <451e63c4$1@news.povray.org>
Hi all,

Welcome back Lutz :)

Just a note to let you all know that I've improved and added bits a pieces
to my PlugIns.....

The Grass and Flower PlugIn now has a few more preset flowers, Added Leaves
to the flower stems. Fixed Ostespermums as they have a much more
upright habit. Fixed an error with HF's. Added transformations
for single Flowers, and fixed the display representation for single flowers.
Added Foxgloves, Red Hot Pokers, Lupins, Bamboo, and two Ornamental Grasses,
see piccy over in Binaries.

I've assimilated the DBStones macro into Moray, see the piccy over in
binaries :)

The Pov importer is still going really slowly, but is capable of the
following.....

It'll  currently read :
Cameras (simple)
Point Lights, SpotLights, AreaLights
Spheres
Cubes
Planes
SuperEllipsoids
CSGs
Blobs
Discs
Torus
SOR
Lathe
Prism
Cylinder
Cone
HF
Text
Bicubic Patch
Triangle
Smooth Triangle
Normals
Finishes
#declares
#includes
texture statements (inc. Warp, Normal, Finish, color_map, pigment, media,
ior, material, texture)
Global_Settings
Photons Object block
Polygon
Fog
Background
SkySphere
SphereSweep
Transform

It won't read :
IsoSurfaces
Mesh2
Macros
Matrix
Density
Spline Identifiers
#if etc
Math functions (cos, sin etc)
Matrix and Inverse
Clock
Light - Looks_like
Light - Light_group
Light - Projected_Through
Julia Fractals
Complex Textures
   Pigment Checker/Hexagon/Brick/Object
   Normal Checker/Hexagon/Brick/Object
   Texture Checker/Hexagon/Brick/Object
Camera types such as ....
                      ORTHOGRAPHIC:
                      FISHEYE:
                      ULTRA_WIDE_ANGLE:
                      OMNIMAX:
                      SPHERICAL:
                      PANORAMIC:
Rainbow
Clipped_By
Bounded_By

It will output to Moray Correctly:
Light (Area,Point)
Sphere
Cube
Camera
Box
HF
Text
Torus
SuperEllipsoid
Cones
Cylinders
Discs
CSG (including nested CSGs)
Prism
SOR
Lathe
Textures (inc. Warp, Normal, Finish, color_map, pigment,
media, ior, material, texture, noise_modifiers, noise_patterns)
Global_Settings
Mesh (currently only triangles NOT smoothtriangles)
Fog
Background
SkySphere (creates a hollow sphere 10000 units in radius)
Fractal Patterns

It will O/P to Moray incorrectly:
SpotLight (rotation is not correct yet)
Blobs (but only if scaled internally as this is not supported by Moray)
Photons Object block as no support in Moray yet
Planes (rotation is not correct yet)
image_width/image_height (can't be determined as can't read command line
switch or ini file value) defaults to 800x600
SphereSweep (only outputs the control point spheres)

It will currently not O/P to Moray
Cubic (not supported by Moray)
SmoothTriangles
Mesh2
Fractal Objects (Moray does not support them)
Isosurface (not supported by Moray)
Parametric (not supported by Moray)
Polynomial (not supported by Moray)
Polygon (not supported by Moray)
Qaudric (not supported by Moray)
Qaurtic (not supported by Moray)
Math functions
Macros
#if else while etc
local vars
clock
Rainbow (not supported by Moray)
Crackle Solid (not supported by Moray)

Anyway thats all for now, I'll let you know when I release the new version
of GAF and the DBStones dll.

Best Regards,

Keith

Post a reply to this message