POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : YAFR Server Time
25 Apr 2024 13:53:11 EDT (-0400)
  YAFR (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Tim Cook
Subject: Re: YAFR
Date: 9 Dec 2005 18:22:12
Message: <439a11a4$1@news.povray.org>
Patrick Elliott wrote:
> Is that clearer? I using isn't necessarily the right word, its just the
> one commonly used in programming languages that provide this feature.
> Though in those case, your actually specifying the 'scope' of the item
> your trying to deal with, such as the properties on Button1 from Window2,
> whose parent is Window1: Window1.Window2.Button1.Text, etc. Instead you
> tell the language to make Temp_Buttom = Window1.Window2.Button1, then
> just refer to Temp_Button.Text when writing the code.

Hmm, but then you still need to declare all the references
somewhere...like I mentioned, if it's a wall plate or something that is
always the same, you can just duplicate it, but what to do for things
that are almost identical, like the width of a door frame, the moulding
is the same but the length is different, and just scaling a duplicate
will stretch the texture, too...

--
Tim Cook
http://home.bellsouth.net/p/PWP-empyrean

Post a reply to this message

> > Is that clearer? I using isn't necessarily the right word, its just the
> > one commonly used in programming languages that provide this feature.
> > Though in those case, your actually specifying the 'scope' of the item
> > your trying to deal with, such as the properties on Button1 from Window2,
> > whose parent is Window1: Window1.Window2.Button1.Text, etc. Instead you
> > tell the language to make Temp_Buttom = Window1.Window2.Button1, then
> > just refer to Temp_Button.Text when writing the code.
>
> Hmm, but then you still need to declare all the references
> somewhere...like I mentioned, if it's a wall plate or something that is
> always the same, you can just duplicate it, but what to do for things
> that are almost identical, like the width of a door frame, the moulding
> is the same but the length is different, and just scaling a duplicate
> will stretch the texture, too...

Hmm. Ok, that does complicate things a bit.

--
void main () {

    call functional_code()
  else