POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Tourist.lua plugin, proof of concept Server Time
20 Apr 2024 03:19:46 EDT (-0400)
  Tourist.lua plugin, proof of concept (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: StephenS
Subject: Tourist.lua plugin, proof of concept
Date: 22 Jul 2005 12:41:19
Message: <42e121af$1@news.povray.org>
I always wanted to make a game with POV-Ray and use Moray as the interface
:-)

This is not the one, but I did find it interesting.

Tourist.lua plugin can be found linked from
http://ca.geocities.com/morayplugin/
near bottom of page.

Tourist.zip contains
Tourist.lua
   place in your plugin folder
   also needs Fullmoon1.1b look on the Moray web site for link
Testjunk.mdl
   place in you MLD folder
   sample scene
Testjunk.txt
   place in your POVSCN folder
   A file containing a vector, used to store the camera position
   Updated by the resulting pov script when rendered

The basic idea is to start at the origin <0,0,0> and walk around the scene
with each successive render. A camera statement is supplied by the plugin.
No wireframe.

I use one hand on F9 (render) and the other on the mouse over the plugin
interface.

Not to be confused with a serious plugin.

Comments welcome

Stephen

Post a reply to this message

Tourist.lua 1a1 plugin can be found linked from
http://ca.geocities.com/morayplugin/
near bottom of page.

Added basic environment collision.

Comments welcome