POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Converting models to .mdl format for Moray ... Server Time
19 Apr 2024 12:51:20 EDT (-0400)
  Converting models to .mdl format for Moray ... (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Neil Kolban
Subject: Converting models to .mdl format for Moray ...
Date: 27 Nov 2004 17:04:20
Message: <41a8f9e4@news.povray.org>
Folks,
Ive been working with importing UDO objects into Moray.  So far so good.
Does anyone know of any tools to transform common data formats to the ".mdl"
format for imort into Moray?

Neil

Post a reply to this message

From: Rene Bui
Subject: Re: Converting models to .mdl format for Moray ...
Date: 27 Nov 2004 20:25:00
Message: <web.41a92816a5659cc29edb29270@news.povray.org>
"Neil Kolban" <kol### [at] kolbancom> wrote:
> Folks,
> Ive been working with importing UDO objects into Moray.  So far so good.
> Does anyone know of any tools to transform common data formats to the ".mdl"
> format for imort into Moray?
>
> Neil

sPatch to Moray .mdl Plugin (or Hamapatch to Moray .mdl)
downloadable here:
http://www.geocities.com/getspatch/#pi

1- import *.obj* or *.3ds* in Wings 3d and export *.mdl* (Animation Master)
2- import *.mdl* (Animation Master) in Spatch or Hamapatch then export
*.mdl* (Moray 3.xx)

Rene
(the old newbie)

Post a reply to this message

> "Neil Kolban" <kol### [at] kolbancom> wrote:
>> Folks,
>> Ive been working with importing UDO objects into Moray.  So far so good.
>> Does anyone know of any tools to transform common data formats to the
>> ".mdl" format for imort into Moray?
>>
>> Neil
>

> sPatch to Moray .mdl Plugin (or Hamapatch to Moray .mdl)
> downloadable here:
> http://www.geocities.com/getspatch/#pi
>
> 1- import *.obj* or *.3ds* in Wings 3d and export *.mdl* (Animation
> Master) 2- import *.mdl* (Animation Master) in Spatch or Hamapatch then
> export *.mdl* (Moray 3.xx)

sPatch doesn't import .mdl (AM) files, only .spt. You'll have to do it with

of new things)
http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Ginza/6625/soft10.html
jPatch also imports .mdl (AM) files and exports to pov and other formats
(included .obj), I don't believe it exports to mdl (Moray).
http://jpatch.sourceforge.net/
Hope this helps.

--
Txemi Jendrix