POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Problem with Groups and visibility Server Time
19 Apr 2024 14:24:07 EDT (-0400)
  Problem with Groups and visibility (Message 1 to 8 of 8)
From: Neil Kolban
Subject: Problem with Groups and visibility
Date: 23 Nov 2004 21:08:19
Message: <41a3ed13$1@news.povray.org>
Folks,
I seem to be having a problem with Groups and visibility

Imagine I create a group G and within the group are objects A and B

---- A
---- B

I set the Group (G) to have a visibility level of '5'

If I then set the Global Visibility to less than '5', the group is hidden.
All as expected.

Now, consider this ... I want to Show the member 'A' of the group but leave
all the remaining parts hidden.  My thinking was that I could select 'A' by
itself and change its visibility to an absolute value of, say '3'.  This
should allow it to be displayed.

Unfortunately, this is not what happens.  It remains hidden.  I have a
sneaky suspicion that:

1. There is a bug in "absolute visibility"
2. I have a misunderstanding on the function

I am using Moray 3.5 Build 9330

Neil

Post a reply to this message

> I seem to be having a problem with Groups and visibility
>
> Imagine I create a group G and within the group are objects A and B

> ---- A
> ---- B
>
> I set the Group (G) to have a visibility level of '5'
>
> If I then set the Global Visibility to less than '5', the group is hidden.
> All as expected.
>
> Now, consider this ... I want to Show the member 'A' of the group but leave
> all the remaining parts hidden.  My thinking was that I could select 'A' by
> itself and change its visibility to an absolute value of, say '3'.  This
> should allow it to be displayed.
>
> Unfortunately, this is not what happens.  It remains hidden.  I have a
> sneaky suspicion that:
>
> 1. There is a bug in "absolute visibility"
> 2. I have a misunderstanding on the function
>
> I am using Moray 3.5 Build 9330
>
> Neil

Post a reply to this message