POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Antialiasing in material preview? Server Time
3 May 2024 01:21:53 EDT (-0400)
  Antialiasing in material preview? (Message 1 to 3 of 3)
From: Marc Jacquier
Subject: Antialiasing in material preview?
Date: 2 Oct 2004 14:17:11
Message: <415ef0a7@news.povray.org>
Hi
Some textures are messed up by aliasing  in the preview thumbnail
and I was looking for a way to antialias its render
But I didn't find an .ini file for preview render ( maybe I didn't look at
the good place)
I found a workaround by putting a focal blur camera in the preview scene
(PreviewScene.pov in moray installation folder)
Is there a better way?

Marc

camera {  //  Camera PreviewCam
  location  <0.00, -7.50, 3>
  direction <0.0,     0.0,  3.00>
  sky       <0.0,     0.0,  1.0>  // Use right handed-system!
  up        <0.0,     0.0,  1.0>  // Where Z is up
  right     <1.0,     0.0,  0.0>
  look_at   <0.000, -0.100, 0.000>
  aperture 0.1
  blur_samples 10        // number of rays per pixel for sampling
  focal_point <0,-.1,0>    // point that is in focus <X,Y,Z>
  confidence 0.95           // [0...<1] when to move on while sampling
(smaller is less accurate)
  variance 1/200            // [0...1] how precise to calculate (smaller is
more accurate)
}

Post a reply to this message

I've just found the solution : just edit the "PovTxtr.ini" file in Moray's
main directory and change the antialias setting to "Antialias=On"

(Your post is 3.5 months old, so maybe you've already found the solution
yourself! In this case I hope it may help other people )

Xavier

news: 415ef0a7@news.povray.org...
> Hi
> Some textures are messed up by aliasing  in the preview thumbnail
> and I was looking for a way to antialias its render
> But I didn't find an .ini file for preview render ( maybe I didn't look at
> the good place)
> I found a workaround by putting a focal blur camera in the preview scene
> (PreviewScene.pov in moray installation folder)
> Is there a better way?

Post a reply to this message

> I've just found the solution : just edit the "PovTxtr.ini" file in Moray's
> main directory and change the antialias setting to "Antialias=On"
>
> (Your post is 3.5 months old, so maybe you've already found the solution
> yourself! In this case I hope it may help other people )
>
> Xavier

Oh that was so obvious!
I feel dumb now, thank you anyway ;-)
Actually I didn't see PovTxtr.ini