POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Request for new feature Server Time
3 May 2024 00:49:17 EDT (-0400)
  Request for new feature (Message 1 to 6 of 6)
From: Thomas de Groot
Subject: Request for new feature
Date: 13 Sep 2004 07:14:54
Message: <4145812e@news.povray.org>
Lutz,
Something really nice, would be a kind of 'magnet' enabling one object to be
placed exactly on another one and/or at an exact place on that object.
Something working like 'trace' in POV-Ray, or 'put on' in Wings3D.
Especially in complex scenes or with complex objects, this would be
extremely helpful.
Would that be possible in Moray? And if so, would it be a likely option for
the near future?  ;-)

Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Take care of "multi" superposed objects. Do you think that snap on an other
object would be possible in the 3d window?

4145812e@news.povray.org...
> Lutz,
> Something really nice, would be a kind of 'magnet' enabling one object to
be
> placed exactly on another one and/or at an exact place on that object.
> Something working like 'trace' in POV-Ray, or 'put on' in Wings3D.
> Especially in complex scenes or with complex objects, this would be
> extremely helpful.
> Would that be possible in Moray? And if so, would it be a likely option
for
> the near future?  ;-)
>
> Thomas

Post a reply to this message

Workaround: make a group or CSG and put both objects in it

Greets
Arne

Thomas de Groot schrieb:
> Lutz,
> Something really nice, would be a kind of 'magnet' enabling one object to be
> placed exactly on another one and/or at an exact place on that object.
> Something working like 'trace' in POV-Ray, or 'put on' in Wings3D.
> Especially in complex scenes or with complex objects, this would be
> extremely helpful.
> Would that be possible in Moray? And if so, would it be a likely option for
> the near future?  ;-)
>
> Thomas

Post a reply to this message