POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : another feature request Server Time
3 May 2024 10:50:31 EDT (-0400)
  another feature request (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Remy Closset
Subject: another feature request
Date: 18 Jun 2004 03:09:56
Message: <40d29544@news.povray.org>
Some part of you knows that I am visually impaired. So I have big
diificulties to find sometimes in the vector wild forest, a selected object.
Especially when the selected objet I am searching exactly corresponds with
an other object. So, the green fluo colour is invisible, the edges of the no
selected object hiding the selected one. In that case, the only  way is to
see the xyz reference. But this one is so thin and the letters so little
that I have much diificultes to see them.
I send two attached files to show what I think it would be better.
The first one shows a scene I am workinfg now. In that scene there is a
selected object!!!
The second one shows what I think better to show the selected object.
Of course, someone will say that it is not important. But I think that
better ergonomic features constitues a progress for everybody. So, I hope
you will support my request. Thank you.

friendly

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'screen1.jpg' (214 KB) Download 'screen 3.jpg' (74 KB)

Preview of image 'screen1.jpg'
screen1.jpg

Preview of image 'screen 3.jpg'
screen 3.jpg

"Remy Closset" <NOS### [at] tiscalifr> schreef in bericht
> Some part of you knows that I am visually impaired. So I have big
> diificulties to find sometimes in the vector wild forest, a selected
object.
> Especially when the selected objet I am searching exactly corresponds with
> an other object. So, the green fluo colour is invisible, the edges of the
no
> selected object hiding the selected one. In that case, the only  way is to
> see the xyz reference. But this one is so thin and the letters so little
> that I have much diificultes to see them.
> I send two attached files to show what I think it would be better.
> The first one shows a scene I am workinfg now. In that scene there is a
> selected object!!!
> The second one shows what I think better to show the selected object.
> Of course, someone will say that it is not important. But I think that
> better ergonomic features constitues a progress for everybody. So, I hope
> you will support my request. Thank you.

I most certainly support this request, Remy! Lutz will know how easy or
difficult this is to do, but I believe that making a program available as
also visually-impaired friendly, would be worth a special mention in
whatever forum exists that monitor these features. And it will attract new
users who otherwise feel unable to start discovering 3D modelling.

Thomas

Post a reply to this message