POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : feature request Server Time
17 May 2024 16:53:56 EDT (-0400)
  feature request (Message 11 to 12 of 12)
From: Stephen McAvoy
Subject: Re: feature request
Date: 18 Jun 2004 06:00:14
Message: <19f5d0hgt05t32g2sgruei0aq7lof4aaf1@4ax.com>
On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 11:11:44 +0200, "Remy Closset"
<NOS### [at] tiscalifr> wrote:

>The idea of advanced menu is very nice
>I support

So do I

Regards
        Stephen

Post a reply to this message

From: Chambers
Date: 21 Jun 2004 11:52:01
Message: <web.40d1f7ef47052ae5ca11893c0@news.povray.org>
Warp <war### [at] tagpovrayorg> wrote:
> Remy Closset <NOS### [at] tiscalifr> wrote:
> > Is it possible in a future relase, for the ambient and rgb colors, to get
> > values over 1.0; Pov-ray can calculate values till 100!
>
>   I didn't know there's such a limit in POV-Ray.

If you're talking about internally, there isn't.  I often use color values
greater than one for effect.

In the final image, however, the colors are clipped in the range [0,1].
Maybe this is what is being suggested?  Such limitation is not the fault of
POV-Ray, however, but of the image file formats used.  Not to mention the
fact that it would be impossible to display accurately.

....Chambers