POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : smokegen problem Server Time
3 May 2024 04:36:47 EDT (-0400)
  smokegen problem (Message 1 to 4 of 4)
From: Steve Shelby
Subject: smokegen problem
Date: 30 May 2004 14:12:41
Message: <40ba2419$1@news.povray.org>
I just downloaded and tried out smokegen with Moray 3.5 and POVray 3.5 and
got this error message:

File: C:\...etc...\smokegen.mry Line: 289
#read (LmntFile,ecount
,position,size <----ERROR
Parse Error: Expected 'undeclared identifier', size found instead
Returned from renderer with error status

Any idea what the problem is?
Thank you,
Steve Shelby

Post a reply to this message

> I just downloaded and tried out smokegen with Moray 3.5 and POVray 3.5 and
> got this error message:
>
> File: C:\...etc...\smokegen.mry Line: 289
> #read (LmntFile,ecount
> ,position,size <----ERROR
> Parse Error: Expected 'undeclared identifier', size found instead
> Returned from renderer with error status
>
> Any idea what the problem is?
> Thank you,
> Steve Shelby

" size" is a povray keyword used for facets pattern (povray 3.5 feature?),
so it can't be use as an identifier.
See if it is caused by the include file
If so, change all occurences of this  identifier ( with an upper case if you
want: "Size" will work)

HTW, HTH (hope that works, hope that helps)

Marc

Post a reply to this message

From: Steve Shelby
Date: 30 May 2004 15:36:26
Message: <40ba37ba$1@news.povray.org>
"Marc Jacquier" <jac### [at] wanadoofr> wrote in message

> 40ba2419$1@news.povray.org...
> > I just downloaded and tried out smokegen with Moray 3.5 and POVray 3.5
and
> > got this error message:
> >
> > File: C:\...etc...\smokegen.mry Line: 289
> > #read (LmntFile,ecount
> > ,position,size <----ERROR
> > Parse Error: Expected 'undeclared identifier', size found instead
> > Returned from renderer with error status
> >
> > Any idea what the problem is?
> > Thank you,
> > Steve Shelby
> >
> " size" is a povray keyword used for facets pattern (povray 3.5 feature?),
> so it can't be use as an identifier.
> See if it is caused by the include file
> If so, change all occurences of this  identifier ( with an upper case if
you
> want: "Size" will work)
>
> HTW, HTH (hope that works, hope that helps)
>
> Marc

Thank you Marc!
"Size" appears many times in the .mry file, and was not capitalized in two
places. I changed those, and now it works. :^}>
Steve

Post a reply to this message

From: Marc Jacquier
Date: 31 May 2004 12:00:50
Message: <40bb56b2$1@news.povray.org>

40ba37ba$1@news.povray.org...

> Thank you Marc!
> "Size" appears many times in the .mry file, and was not capitalized in two
> places. I changed those, and now it works. :^}>
> Steve

Hey I'm glad I could help you :-)

Marc