POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : Suggestion for next version Server Time
21 May 2024 12:45:13 EDT (-0400)
  Suggestion for next version (Message 1 to 2 of 2)
From: Steve Shelby
Subject: Suggestion for next version
Date: 28 Mar 2004 17:11:17
Message: <40674d85$1@news.povray.org>
Here's a situation that I just had that I found frustrating. I selected a
group of faces, which was a rather long and laborious process. I wanted to
assign a different material to those faces, using UV mapping. Unfortunately,
the material I wanted to use had not been moved to the list, so I had to go
to "modify" which meant I lost all the selected faces, and had to go through
the process of selecting them all over again. It sure would be nice if
selected faces or points could stay selected when switching to "modify" and
back.
Steve Shelby

Post a reply to this message

On Sun, 28 Mar 2004 17:11:16 -0500, "Steve Shelby"
<ssh### [at] rexnetnet> wrote:

>Here's a situation that I just had that I found frustrating. I selected a
>group of faces, which was a rather long and laborious process. I wanted to
>assign a different material to those faces, using UV mapping. Unfortunately,
>the material I wanted to use had not been moved to the list, so I had to go
>to "modify" which meant I lost all the selected faces, and had to go through
>the process of selecting them all over again. It sure would be nice if
>selected faces or points could stay selected when switching to "modify" and
>back.
>Steve Shelby

I experienced the same frustration a lot of times, and I pointed that
out in a post a few weeks ago.
Lutz said, that selections would stay persitent between TAB-switches,
in the next update-release.

Bernd